So we are in the middle of a national lockdown, however, instead of getting cooped up we can all enjoy some delicious cuisine right at our homes. Yes, simple dishes that can be done in no time, below are such healthy recipes that can smoothen the lockdown for you.
Recipes by Maharaj Jodharam Choudhary, corporate chef – Khandani Rajdhani
Green peas Ghugra
- In a bowl add both flours (Atta & Maida), salt, Ajwain, ghee and crumble well.
- Add water and knead the dough. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In a pan add oil, heat it. Add boiled and grated potatoes, boiled peas, ginger-green chilli paste, salt, red chilli powder, chat masala, Garam masala and lemon juice mix well. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now make a small ball from the dough and roll out small Poori.
- Cut the proper circle with the bowl. Place a spoonful of stuffing and grease the corners with water. Fold into half-moon shape and make a design with a fork.
- In a wok add ghee and heat it up. Fry all Ghugra in heated ghee at medium-low flame.
- Serve with green and sweet chutney.
- Mix 1 cup wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, curd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, 1-teaspoon oil and salt in a bowl.
- Add water as needed in small incremental quantities and knead the smooth and soft dough like Roti dough. Grease its surface with 1-teaspoon oil. Cover the dough with a clean muslin cloth or a plate and leave aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll it out into a circle having approx. 6-7 inch diameter.
- When tiny bubbles appear on the top surface, flip it over, spread 1/2-teaspoon oil evenly on its surface and cook for 30 seconds
- Flip it again, spread 1/2 teaspoon oil evenly on its surface and cook another side as well. Press it against tawa/griddle with a spatula so that it cooks evenly, cook for 20-30 seconds. Repeat flip-press-cook process (without spreading any more oil) until light golden brown spots appear on both sides. Switch between low to medium
- Serve them hot with masala tea or curd.