Imagine eating traditional Puran Poli with tasty ghee spread across the plate and your fav bhaji, Tempting! Well, the Maharaj at Khandani Rajdhani has curated the lip-smacking dish for one and all. Below is the recipe and image as well
Recipe by Maharaj Bhanwar Singh, corporate chef, Khandani Rajdhani
For The Dough
1. Whole Wheat Flour: 2 cup
2. Oil: 2 tablespoon
3. Water: 1 cup
For The Filling
1. Toor dal: 1 cup
2. Sugar: 3/4 cup
3. Cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
1. Ghee: 2 teaspoon
To Make Wheat Dough
1. Mix the whole wheat flour and oil in a bowl. For two parts of flour add one part of lukewarm water in the bowl.
2. Knead thoroughly with your fingers and make a soft dough.
3. Rest the wheat dough for 15 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and keep them aside.
To Make Puran Filling
1. Rinse the toor dal thoroughly in water and pressure cook it for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the excess water from boiled dal and mash it using a spatula or spoon.
3. In pan heat ghee and add boiled toor dal.
4. Add sugar and cook the mixture for 10 minutes till the mixture thickens.
5. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Let the Puran mixture gets cool and divide it into 10 equal portions.
To Make Puran Puri
1. Roll out one piece of wheat dough into roti size dishes (3-4 inch diameter).
2. Place one portion of Puran mixture on rolled roti dough and fold the edges of the dough. Seal the mixture properly by pinching the dough edges.
3. Apply pressure on the dough using your hand and flatten it. Again roll the dough filled with Puran mixture carefully to avoid over spilling of Puran mixture.
4. Cook the rolled Puran puri on a Tawa (pan) on both sides till it changes color to a golden brown.
5. Apply ghee on each Puran Puri and serve hot.
1. Aloo Boiled: 2 Cups
2. Oil: 3 TBSP
3. Mustard Seeds: 1/2 TSP
4. Sesame Seeds: 1 TSP
5. Cumin Seeds: 1/2 TSP
6. Curry leaves : 3-4
7. Turmeric: ½ TSP
8. Chilli Pwd: ½ TSp
9. Hing: 1 Pinch
10. Salt: to taste
11. Lemon Juice: 1 tsp
12. Chillies: 2 Nos
13. Fine Chopped Coriander: ¼ Cup
14. Grated Fresh Coconut: 1 TBSP
1. In a pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, cumin,
2. Add curry leaves, green chilies & sesame seeds
3. Now add hing, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Then add potatoes and toss them well. Let it cook again for 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat.
5. Add Lemon juice & garnish with chopped coriander and grated fresh coconut.