Recipe by Maharaj Jodharam Choudhary, corporate chef – Khandani Rajdhani
Gudi Padwa is on 25th and yes, its the most anticipated festival of the year that brings with it sweets to indulge in.
Celebrating love for the New Year, and back on heavy public demand are Khandani Rajdhani’s Gudi Padwa dishes! Below is the recipe for the season that will delight you.
· Full fat milk – 2 lts
· Sugar – 1/2 cup (you can reduce by another tbsp)
· Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
· Saffron – 7-8 strands (soaked in 2 tbsps of warm milk)
· Pistachios – 2 tbsp
· Almonds – 7-8, blanched and peeled
- Sliver the blanched almonds, chop the pistachios and set aside.
- Boil milk in a large heavy bottomed wide vessel on high flame. Once it comes to a boil, reduce flame to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring in intervals of 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar. keep stirring constantly. Allow the milk to simmer till it has thicken and has reduced the quantity to half.
- Add cardamom powder. cook for few minutes and allow it to cool.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachio.