It’s time for the weekend, to unwind and let your hair down. This weekend relish cocktail by the finest female mixologist in India and eastern delights by a celebrated chef.
Yes, you heard it right enjoy your weekends with recipes by Mixologist Sonali Mullick and Chef Ajay Thakur.
- Honey on fire
- Pumpkin spiced Martini
- Yemeni Mandi
Originated From Yemen Favoured By Arabian Peninsula, Earthy & Smoked Rice With Young Lamb Cooked Over A Pit With Distinct Yemeni Mandi Spice Blend.
Recipes by Chef Ajay Thakur, Bayroute
Mutton curry cut 1kg
Basmati rice 500gm
Fried Onion 100gm
Salt to Taste
Onion Slice 2 cups
Tomato Slice 1.5cups
Cinnamon sticks 2nos
Bay Leaf 3nos
Peppercorn 1 tsp
Cardamom 1 tsp
Clove .5 tsp
Lebanese 7 spices .5tsp
Ghee .5 cup
Green chili slice .5 gms
Cumin Powder .5 tsp
Coriander Powder .5 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 3tsp
- Soak the rice in water for 45 minutes.
- In a Aluminium Handi, add in the ghee and the whole masalas and sear till all the masalas stop crackling. Add in the onion slice and cook on a slow flame till the onions are brown in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onion & cook for another 6 minutes,then put green chilli slice ,andall the dry masala powders. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add in the mutton and cook till all the mutton has an even coat of the masala. Add in the saffron and just a little bit of salt.
- Pour water in the mixture to cover the mutton in water. Cook the mixture for 2 hours on a slow flame Season the water with salt.
- Cooked the mutton until the tender.
- Add in the rice to the mixture and cook for another 20 minutes with a closed lid/ Dum to cook the rice.
- Once the rice is cooked, then smoked the rice in charcoal and butter around the 5 minutes then Serve the mixture on a platter garnish with Mint, pine nuts,
Pistachio and pomegranate Serve hot!!!
PUMPKIN SPICED MARTINI
Whisky Laced with ripe pumpkin and handpicked Mediterranean spices with a layer of egg foam and served with roasted wasabi pumpkin seeds.
60 ml Whisky
100 ml Pumpkin Puree
1 Egg White
15 ml Lime Juice
1 Bar Spoon Anise Syrup
Half of 1/4th Pumpkin Spice Powder
100 gm Ice
Take all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and fine strain in glass
Glass and Garnish:
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds in a small Katori dip bowl and clipped to a glass.
HONEY ON FIRE
The Scrumptious Fruity & Nutty flavours of natural honey combined with Tennessee Honey & Fire and served with real Honey Comb.
45 ml JD Fire
1.5 Shot Espresso
2 Pinch Cinnamon Powder
20 ml Honey
2 Bar Spoon Sugar Syrup
1 Honey Comb cut with a small cutter for garnish
1 mg Coco Powder & Cinnamon Powder for Garnish
100 gm Ice
- Take all ingredients over ice and shake hard. For Rim – lace alternate strides of Honey and dust A mix of Cocoa & Cinnamon Powder.
- Pour shaken drink & serve with Honey Comb Lolly in stick.
Glass and Garnish:
Cinnamon Dust & Honey Comb Lolly